One of the great things I like to have in the morning is a cold, healthy smoothie.
This is a quick and simple recipe for anyone on the go or just a healthy alternative to a fast-food snack in the morning if you do not have time for breakfast.
Below is the recipe for my banana-mango smoothie with a dash of flax seeds.
This is not only delicious but healthy for you too because you will be getting fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, calcium, protein and put a stop to your sugar cravings!
It is a great snack or a healthy breakfast and it will also save you money and calories, since you do not have to buy breakfast on the go.
– 1 banana (medium-sized)
– 1 cup of diced mango
– 1/2 cup of orange-mango juice
– 6 oz plain, non-fat organic yogurt
– 1 tsp of organic, cold-milled, ground flax seeds
1. Pour the juice in the blender
2. Add the banana, diced mango and yogurt in the blender
3. Blend until you get a smooth texture
4. Pour into a tall glass and stir in your flax seed
5. You can use a medium-sized, ripe mango or buy already diced, frozen mango chunks from your grocery store.
6. Do not use flavored or low calorie yogurts as they contain too much sugar or artificial sweeteners, neither of which, in my opinion, are good for your health!
7. To change up the taste, you can swap the orange-mango juice with plain orange juice or even pineapple juice